Brite is looking for a customer focused Network Engineer to join our growing team. In this role you will provide pre-sales technical systems engineering support and technical expertise to our enterprise/commercial accounts across Brite’s geographic footprint. A successful candidate must be self-motivated, possess a customer first mindset, and understand the rigors of working in a high paced environment. You must be highly organized and willing to work within a team environment.
- Partner with the Brite Account Executives to understand customer pain points and conduct network white board architectural reviews in addition to conducting product demonstrations during customer evaluation and post-sales process.
- Perform hands-on work to validate customer proof-of-concept setups, Data Center and/or Campus network designs, and network deployments using leaf-spine architectures, and BGP network overlays.
- Work directly with customers to deploy and support network products and solutions
- Formulate network design guidelines and recommend improvements to customers
- Configure networking equipment for customer deployments and provide remote technical guidance and support
- Partner with Sales Team to respond to RFP/RFQs
- Assist with implementation and change controls
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key partners
- Attend key partner events, training sessions, and provide ongoing trainings
- Keep up-to-date on competitive solutions, products, and services
- Create detailed architecture / environment diagrams in Visio
- All other responsibilities as assigned
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field.
- 5+ years routing, switching, and firewall with Arista, Cisco or comparable technologies
- 3+ years wireless network experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with Switching, HSRP, QoS, BGP, OSPF, Prefix Lists, NAT, PAT etc.
- Network Certifications such as CCNA, CCNP or similar are required
- Working knowledge of Windows Servers, Linux, and other various server-side technologies are desired
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Visio and experience creating architecture diagrams
- Ability to work under pressure and meet demanding deadlines.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands; and reach with hands and arms.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to various weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Some travel may be required within assigned territory.
Since 1983, Brite has provided essential computing infrastructure, IT services and data network security to support the critical business applications and fundamental needs of our customers. We focus on building relationships, delivering cutting-edge, industry leading products and services with your business goals and objectives in mind.
Brite is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com