The Network Operations Center (NOC) Technician/Specialist is an entry level position. They are responsible for performing all essential duties of an ITIL Service desk for a leading Managed Service provider. The NOC Technician/Specialist is responsible for managing multiple IT tickets while supporting customer networks and IT infrastructure. This position is required to analyze problems, troubleshoot, and find appropriate customer resolutions.
- Manages service tickets in a timely manner.
- Fields a high-volume of service calls.
- Troubleshoots basic computer and networking issues over the phone or through tickets.
- Documents customer interactions and resolutions.
- Runs diagnostics to resolve computer/software issues.
- Escalates issues to the appropriate next level.
- Installs, makes changes, and repairs software.
- Follow-up with customers to ensure issues are resolved.
Perform customer on-site visits to troubleshoot/repair workstations and printers.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- B Shift Requirement
- Assists in on-call after hours phone rotation.
- Accomplishes all other duties and tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field or at least two years of experience in an end-user support role within a high volume, time sensitive support environment.
- A+, Network+, MCSE certifications preferred.
- Experience in cloud backup solutions, Datto a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge in troubleshooting and resolving workstation-based software issues with Microsoft Windows 7, 8 and 10, Microsoft Office 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016, Microsoft Online Services, including Office 365, and domain and workgroup environments.
- Strong hardware repair and troubleshooting skills with PC desktops and laptops.
- Ability to support and troubleshoot server-based software issues with Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012 R2 and 2016, Microsoft Windows Active Directory, on premise Microsoft Exchange 2003, 2007 and 2010, Microsoft Office 365 and hosted Microsoft Office 365, and Microsoft SQL 2005, 2008, and 2012 server, Microsoft Hyper -V and VMWare, Microsoft PowerShell, major anti-virus solutions, and enterprise class backup solutions.
- Phone etiquette.
- Ability to address a variety of technical issues.
- Customer service skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective project management skills.
- Self-directed and results oriented.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands; and reach with hands and arms.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to various weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Since 1983, Brite has provided essential computing infrastructure, IT services and data network security to support the critical business applications and fundamental needs of our customers. We focus on building relationships, delivering cutting-edge, industry leading products and services with your business goals and objectives in mind.
Brite is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org