Brite People. Brite Solutions.
Exempt/Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Location: Victor, NY, USA
Reports to: Controller/Director of Human Resources
To be successful as a purchasing specialist, you should be able to develop efficient procurement solutions and support senior management with the development and implementation of sourcing strategies. Ultimately, an outstanding purchasing specialist should have excellent communication and negotiation skills, be an analytical thinker, and demonstrate a good working knowledge of purchasing strategies.
- Researching and identifying prospective suppliers.
- Liaising with internal project teams and maintaining strong supplier relations.
- Evaluating products and suppliers according to key business criteria.
- Preparing proposals, requesting quotes, and negotiating purchase terms and conditions.
- Preparing and issuing purchase orders and agreements.
- Monitoring supplier performance and resolving issues and concerns.
- Inspecting and evaluating the quality of purchased items and resolving shortcomings.
- Analyzing industry and demand trends and supporting senior management with the development and implementation of sourcing strategies.
- Preparing reports and maintaining accurate inventory and procurement records.
- Complying with company policies, procedures, and regulatory standards.
- Liaison between sales, accounting and shipping and receiving
- Work with accounting on reporting for contracts/partner reporting
- Manipulate pricing sheets from vendors and input into system.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required. Business administration, accounting, supply chain management, or a similar field preferred.
3-5 years of experience as a purchasing specialist or in a similar role.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced Excel skills is a must. NetSuite (CRM) knowledge is a plus
- Good working knowledge of purchasing strategies.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Multitasking skills a must
- Team player with strong organizational skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to sit, use hands; and reach with hands and arms.
- Must occasionally stand, walk, and lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to various weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume.
Brite is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com