In addition to having the skills and expertise of a Level 1 Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst, the SOC Senior Analysts must possess an ability to continually evaluate and configure integrations to and from the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) system. The Senior Analyst will also act as a mentor to the Level 1 SOC Analysts by regularly providing guidance and assistance as incidents are escalated for review. This position is responsible for staying up-to-date on emerging security threats and has the ability to create sophisticated rules within the security tools to identify and alert on those threats, or at the request of our customers.
- Maintains security systems, ensuring they are up to date and contributes to security strategies.
- Provides support to the SOC Analysts for advanced incident review in the form of packet analysis, computer forensics, IoC review, threat intelligence gathering, etc.
- Documents details of any incident that is escalated from the Level 1 SOC Analysts as part of the Incident Response plan.
- Reviews results from the internal and external security audits performed by the Level 1 SOC Analysts. Helps prepare and present findings to customers.
- Reads, interprets, understands and notifies the SOC team on cyber trends
- Designs, develops and implements processes, systems and technology to support and enhance the operations of the SOC team.
- Monitors the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) platform continuously.
- Investigates incidents that are presented within the SIEM with an ability to follow pre-defined playbooks to take corrective actions or recommendations to the customer.
- Conducts routine security assessments to identify vulnerabilities and performs risk analyses.
- Advises and implements necessary changes required to counter the attack or improve the security posture of the customer’s network.
- Accomplishes all other duties and tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Security or related field.
- A minimum of three years networking and security analyst experience or an equivalent combination of related work experience, training and/or education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- CISSP and CEH certifications.
- GMON, GCDA, GCIH, GSNA, GSTRT or OSCP certifications preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively advise the SOC and Sales Team on the latest global security threats along with recommended means of mitigation.
- Effective project management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet demanding deadlines.
- Self-directed and results oriented.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands; and reach with hands and arms.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to various weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Brite is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com